Which Mattress is the BEST for you?
Getting a good night sleep depends on many factors: comfort, stress level, room temperature and more. However, the first step is the “Right Mattress”. The mattress needs to support your body in a neutral position. One in which your spine has a nice curvature and buttocks, heels, shoulders and head are aligned. If a mattress is too firm it will push on those main pressure points and take you out of alignment. If a mattress is too soft those pressure points will not be supported; either case can lead to an achy morning.
If the mattress is for a couple; if one has a medical or sleep issue, the person with the issues should be addressed first. Also, sleep on the largest mattress possible (King) for a couples best sleep. Mattresses come in various different sizes based on the country they are made in, and also the manufacturer who builds them.
Sleep Issues that confirm your need for a new mattress
1. Tossing and turning for a restless sleep or if it takes you a long time to fall asleep. In this case, you are not getting the comfort and pressure point relief. Your current mattress may be too firm, too soft or just worn out.
2. You sleep too hot or too cold. You can improve the mattress performance for your comfort by choosing open cell foam, Gel Foam, and Temperature control components.
3. Rolling off or sleeping in a hole. Your bed can be worn out or not constructed well, it is time for a new mattress.
4. Morning back pain, if this goes away with an hour, your mattress is not providing you with the correct support. Time for a new mattress. If your backache does not go away, a new mattress may help, but you need a doctor for help.
5. Partner Movement, if your partner disrupts your sleep you can purchase a mattress that minimizes motion transfer.