https://www.eversoft.ca/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/bed.jpg 667 1000 F.A http://ac8.8b2.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Eversoft-300x70.png F.A2017-11-14 15:45:542017-11-14 15:45:54How to glue your DIY Mattress?
What you will need:
- Your pre-cut pieces of foam from our custom cut section
- All-purpose glue from our craft section
- A mattress cover from our Sleep Accessory section
- A protective cover under the foam you are gluing (craft paper, plastic or a tarp.)
- Lay your protective covering down; it must be larger than the mattress to protect your work surface from glue overspray.
- Lay your mattress core on top of the protective cover.
- Get the next layer you are gluing to the core and put it on top of the core to ensure you have a good fit.
- Spray glue on the perimeter of both the core and the next piece as well as a full X on each piece.
- Lay the glued sides together ensuring they are perfectly lined up so you do not have bulges when you zip you cover on.
- Press the perimeter and the centre of the mattress (laying on it too) to ensure the glue has contact on both sides.
- Provide sufficient time for the glue to dry (minimum 5 min).
- Repeat steps 3-8 if you are adding additional layers.
- Unzip cover, lay the bottom part or the cover down and set the assembled foam mattress on top of it, ensure it is square.
- Let the top side of the cover on square…..zip it together.
- Set the mattress on the suitable foundation (see our foundation section) to support the full mattress.
- Enjoy your sleep!